Keep coming back

Sunday 3 August 2014

Be A Community Builder!

Adorable lovely lookalikes..Get with us, become a cool love cat
Hello y'all! I met two incredibly cute Rex cats today. I'm a huge cat lover. I was surprised to hear the owner tell me he must hire a babysitter if he goes away for the weekend. Hairless cats require human interaction, and out came his not-shy cat out into the hallway, following me and checking out my canvassing colleague.

I am a community builder. I am a highly social person. I value teamwork and sharing ideas. I believe "Birds of a feather flock together". We stand to gain so much by coming together. Just look at the photo of these intriguing creatures. They bring to mind Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street.

I knew I met the man for me when I shared with him my vision of eliminating tobacco whilst simultaneously bringing about toilets for everyone. 1 out of 3 people worldwide has no access to a  toilet. Wha???????  Toilets and tobacco...not very sexy topics. But they turned him on. Yay! I knew he was my kind of man because he cares so deeply about community building and social justice.

I mean, really? Not enough toilets? Are we so financially strapped that we don't care to share our lifesaving inventions with the rest of the world? Are we keeping all the sanitation to ourselves? Do we really not care that our fellow brothers and sisters don't have basic necessities? WE have to hoard all the world's supply of toilet paper to ourselves? Who would deny anyone a toilet?

I write my posts to draw parallels between seemingly unrelated topics to get people talking.
Compare these two unlikely objects...
 Tobacco: completely useless, yet some people can't seem to get rid of it. I want to help you help yourself or your loved ones and friends get rid of it. Let's eliminate tobacco WORLD-WIDE, not just in public places, parks, beaches, apartment building hallways, and 100% tobacco-free apartment buildings
Toilets: nothing is more useful, so how can 1 out of 3 people worldwide not have one?!
 No other invention has saved as many lives as the toilet!

 Gandhi said for India there can be no independence without sanitation.

Please folks, mark these two dates on your calendar.
May 31 is World Tobacco Free Day 
 November 19 is World Toilet Day

 Check out MATT DAMON at water.org,
 and check out Jack Sim, founder of World Toilet Organization.

Now know that I, Nikki Diamond, intend to collaborate with like-minded individuals and organizations to bring about a Tobacco -Free World. While we're at it, let's throw in a couple more toilets into the equation and brighten up someone's day. Nothing says I love you like a clean toilet, my virtual friend FLYLADY is fond of saying. If you are in need of any housecleaning tips or techniques, shortcuts, or amazing motivational real-life tales to increasing domestic bliss and home maker 101, then check out one of my favorite ladies FLYLADY on the net.

The world needs cleaning up, clean water, clean air. Are you with me? Please comment and let me know how we can work together to clean as a strong team. Thanks for reading.
Follow me and comment at nikkidiamond.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment